4.2.1 Nicotine+ Settings: Server
Server settings allows you to choose the server you wish to connect to and configure your username, password and connection ports.
Serverallows you to choose which server you want connect to
- deafult is: server.slsknet.net:2240
- unless you know what you doing, leave this option default!
Loginfield to fill in your username
- if it's the first time you're connecting to Soulseek Network, it can happen that your choosen username is already in use
- Look in Log window* to see if your username is in use. If it's in use you see: INVALID PASS
* see chapter 5.1.3
- If it's not in use, well, you just connect and enjoy Nicotine+, Soulseek Network and the whole experince :)
Passwordfield for your password
Choose proper password. You can't recover password the easy way!
Network Character Encodingallows you to choose your keyboard layout
- default is utf-8
- unless you have some keyboard from stone-age, there's no need for changing this
Client connection portsports needed by Nicotine+ to function well.
- default is 2234 - 2239
- Exellent guide on Soulseek Ports by daelstorm
- If ports are open and can recieve direct connection, check that box
CTCP VERSIONusers are allowed to check which version Nicotine+ you have.
- default is checked
- If other users have this option checked, you can check their version.
- You can do this in Private chat* session
* see chapter 5.3.1
Nicotine Guide > Table of Contents