5.5 Nicotine+ Getting Around: Search files
Search files window consist of a few parts. It may seem too much but get to know it, so you can get the most out of it.
1. Search field
- Type in what you're looking for and hit enter or click on Search (4)
2. Saved searches
- Information entered in Search field is saved to make filling out and searching easier
3. Search location
When one selected you get search results only from that area
- Global will search everyone connected to Soulseek Network
- Rooms will show you search result from everyone in rooms you're in
- Buddies will show you search results from everyone in you Buddy list
4. Search button
- Click on it to begin searching
5. Search tab
- If you search for multiple media's, everything is sorted by tabs. Each tab gets it's name from what you're looking for
6. Enable filters
- Search filters are quite handy... and checking Free slot will remove all the search results that have a queue
- You can configure some filters for better search results.
- Configure your own set of filters by going to "File ---> Settings ---> Searches"
- Read more about Search filters by going to "Help ---> About search filters"
7. Search results
When you have search results you not only see file name but also more info about it:
- Filename shows the name of file and extension
- User shows which user is sharing
- Size shows size of file in bytes ( 1 megabyte = 1 048 576 bytes )
- Speed shows approximal download speed in kilobits p/sec.
- In queue shows how many files are ahead of you
- Immediate Download If you can begin downloading? Yes or No
- Bitrate shows the files Bitrate, which is the quality... higher, the better and the bigger the file
- Length shows how long the files plays in min:sec
- Directory shows the path to file_name.xxx on users computer
8. Ignore button
- If you get flooded by search results, which can happen with famous searches, you can use Ignore button to stop getting more search results
- It doesn't stop searching!! You just don't get to see the results...
9. Close button
- Closes current search session
10. Remember checkbox
- The remember check box will make your search run continuously and between sessions. So, if you don't close the search, every time you start Nicotine, it will start searching again.
- This is the same as Wish list in the windows client